There are a number of different cooling features available in today’s mattresses. They include:
- New “cooltouch” thread technology that features thread in the fabric that gives off a cool feel when touched.
- Different levels of cooling treatments can be applied to the mattress fabric to achieve different levels of coolness.
- Gel that can be added to foam to give the foam better cooling properties by introducing a solid into the foam that helps to transport the build up of heat away from the body.
- Foams that feature open air cells that let air dissipate instead of trapping it against the body.
- Natural fiber fabrics and fabric treatments that help to transport moisture away from the body while sleeping creating a cooler sleeping environment.
All of these features help to create a cooler sleeping environment, some more than others. The more of these features that you have in your mattress the better the chance of sleeping cooler.